Cambridge Singing Teacher Opera & Performance Coach Choral Director
I give individual lessons and performance master classes for adult singers in the
Cambridge area. My teaching approach springs from many years of study in New York,
London, Salzburg, Toronto and Edmonton as well as my extensive experience as a performer
and as a singing teacher.
In lessons the needs of every student are addressed individually.
Students learn how to find the core of the voice to give an unforced tone and a true
legato. They discover how to achieve clean onset of sound and pronunciation with
clear, resonant vowels and consonants that aid rather than hinder the vocal line.
I enjoy teaching many types of student:
• Young adults wishing to pursue a career in singing
• Consultation lessons for advanced singers
• Singers who have experienced a vocal set-back and need help regaining a working
technique and vocal confidence
• Members of adult choirs looking for greater ease and range of voice production
• Singing teachers who want to hone or refresh their own singing and teaching skills
• I’m happy to provide a short series of lessons in preparation for an audition or
My own knowledge is constantly being enlarged through my teaching and directing and
Continued Professional Development.
Vocal Pedagogy Classes with David Jones, in person and on-line
Masterclasses with Ron Morris, Janice Chapman,
Dennis O’Neill, Adrianne Pieczonka, Gerald Finley and
Efficient Breath Management in the Voice Studio: Christian Halseband (Hamburg, on-line)
Classical Voice Training Pedagogy: Chetham’s School of Music and The Guildhall