Cambridge Singing Teacher Performance Coach Choral Director
I give individual lessons and performance classes for adult singers in the Cambridge
area. My teaching approach springs from many years of study in New York, London,
Salzburg, Toronto and Edmonton as well as my extensive experience as a performer
and as a singing teacher.
In lessons the needs of every student are addressed individually.
Students learn how to find the core of the voice to give an unforced tone and a true
legato. They discover how to achieve clean onset of sound and pronunciation with
clear, resonant vowels and consonants that aid rather than hinder the vocal line.
I enjoy teaching many types of student:
• Young adults wishing to pursue a career in singing
• Consultation lessons for advanced singers
• Singers who have experienced a vocal set-back and need help regaining a working
technique and vocal confidence
• Members of adult choirs looking for greater ease of voice production
• Singing teachers who want to hone or refresh their own singing and teaching skills
• I’m happy to provide a short series of lessons in preparation for an audition or
My own knowledge is constantly being enlarged through my teaching and directing and
Continued Professional Development.
Courses attended in 2017-20:
Masterclasses with David Jones, Ron Morris, Dennis O’Neill Adrianne Pieczonka, Gerald
Finley and Barbara Hannigan
Efficient Breath Management in the Voice Studio: Christian Halseband (Hamburg - On
Line), April 2020,
Classical Voice Training Pedagogy: 5 days at Chetham’s School of Music, August 2019
Vocal Pedagogy: 3 days with Dr Ron Morris, July 2018
AOTOS Summer Conference: 2 days with Janice Chapman and Dr Ron Morris, July 2018
Training in Classical Voice: 5 days with Janice Chapman and Dr Ron Morris at London
Guildhall, July 2017
Advanced Anatomy for Voice Professionals: April 2017